A2M 2.16% $7.08 the a2 milk company limited

China Removes Birth Policy, page-22

1. 403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122

I seldom write on this A2M board but thought of sharing some of my views.

Having deep knowledge of how Asian/Chinese minds works, here's a summary of what some many not know:
    1. A2M targets higher end of the market due to pricing premium and hence the middle class, not those on lower socio-econ
    2. Chinese nowadays do not (I repeat do not) want to have more than 1 child (i.e. 2 or 3 are not on the card). Why, you may ask. Very simple:

a) Cost of living is high. 2 kids or more have burden on financials, and young couple nowadays are brought up on luxury lifestyle and hence 1 is a good balance btw good life and manageable family unit.

b) Chinese culture is all about family and wealth preservation - and providing the best (even if parents have to eat only bread) for education (taking on huge mortgage to get into school zone in primary school), baby products or food - hence 1 kid is still the preferred family structure - for the purpose of providing the best

c) Emotional and well-being. Young couples nowadays are more about enjoying a bit more rather than following their parents footstep to work bloody hard till retirement before they can enjoy. Also parents stay to study with kids at primary and secondary school until late at night esp for the "gao kao" - like our Year 12 exam. One kid is enough otherwise parents will go insane. Yes, it is very different in China compared to Aus as kids here study themselves. Over in China, parents stay with the kids each night to teach them all related subjects after school.

In a nutshell, China one-child policy removal does not have meaningful impact on couple having more kids - it's all the other factors taking into consideration. Penalties and fines do not come into play. Those who have kids will understand this as you go through parenthood.

Hope this enlighten those who may not be aware of Chinese culture.

cheers
    JM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.08
Change
0.150(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.93 $7.08 $6.90 $13.72M 1.949M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20816 $7.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.08 11935 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.04
  Change
0.150 ( 1.97 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.92 $7.07 $6.90 513253
Last updated 15.59pm 31/05/2024 ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.