No you are wrong. We need China more than they need us. Most of...

1. 1,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    No you are wrong. We need China more than they need us. Most of our trade is with China, where China trades with the whole world.

I get the feeling that people on HC have a vision of 1970's china in their head. It has changed a lot, just go over there to see there cities are more modern than Australia. In Australia people put up with living in homes built in the 1960's, 70's and 80's 's and live in poorly designed cities with poor transport networks. In China the cities contain only new buildings and well designed freeway and public transport networks. To an independent observer we are the second rate country to China living in old decrepit houses.

I think this occurs as Chinese local governments see their role as more of a land developer, where as in Australia local governments see their role as stopping the land developers. I don't care if Chinese local governments are more corrupt, if they get the job of bulldozing and developing better I would rather have them running the country.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.