GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

China sets up largest gold fund, page-135

1. 5,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Hi cats, that oil volume was a cracker, someone posted the gold futures a while back and did the same thing with the volume. I had the suspicion that after fear of Cushing filling up that a lot of US oil may have been diverted to tanker storage and put into futures as Cushing filling up would have really put a cat amongst the pigeons. This is a perfect example of manipulating the figures in hope of a rebound. You can keep double seasonally adjusting and smoothing as long as things improve down the track then you can slowly unwind the extras pushed under the carpet , if not big problems.Oil maybe mirroring the FED, sustaining and perpetuating a false belief in hope of a better future outlook that has the ability cover the truth.
    I have a funny feeling that it is possible that gold exploration and gold supply will suffer in the years to come as a result of the current economics. Now before people say supply won't because so much is above ground to be traded I am talking about new mining supply. Central banks have been net buyers for years now and a lot purchased far above current prices, Russia and China have been buying buckets loads. Now if a large portion of this supply is tied up as it looks like it maybe there will be more and more pressure on the Comex as if large orders stand for delivery there has to be gold to fill it.
    This is definately not having a go at you Johny but I am assuming you are fairly young, market crashes do happen. It has been really easy for all types of investment strategies to make money the last few years as markets have been booming. Just excercise a level of caution as to what you listen too and believe. A lot of banks put a sell on FMG at around $1.90 a while back then became net buyers to the tune of 50-100 million dollars knowing that a debt rollover was imminent. Shares surge to $2.50 and they made a packet buying the shares they advised their clients to sell. The market is a funny beast and until you have been fully exposed in a crash you don't think it can't happen. I base a lot of my fundamental buy points on what a company would be worth post correction. Gold is one of the most difficult commodities to trade as far to much control is exerted by banks. Every ounce of gold does have a cost of energy input expended to produce. I am guessing that the current markets effects will be delayed somewhat and will start to show a bit further down the track but the way smart money is looking at gold heading to 2020 there may just be some really good buys in the the next 6 months.
    Last edited by 1ForDaMoney: 28/05/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.