GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

China sets up largest gold fund, page-23

1. 7,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2077
    Hi 23

I agree about the tone of the newsletter .... it is after-all basically a sales pitch for itself. I also agree the piece is very thin on analysis of the US. I valued it though for offering a contrary overview ... and I think it has some merit.

Will the Yuan be accepted into the SDR basket? It should be ... certainly.... but my understanding is the US has veto powers. I think if China is blocked, then, the alternative structure it has so far assembled will be ramped up massively. Under that scenario, imo, we will see gold come into the picture with a lot of fanfare. If instead, the Yuan quietly takes its place in the scheme of things I actually do not see the need for China to disclose its holdings.

I do not think China will act in an overt way. That would be impatient and imprudent. It is also far better for them if the US can sort itself out in the coming years .... so I do not see China deliberately provoking financial disruption.

The disruption [which I firmly believe is coming] is organic within the US itself. When that day comes, China, the BRICS and Europe will function coherently and the US will find itself isolated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.