PEK 0.00% 20.0¢ peak rare earths limited

china slaps export quota on rare earth all , page-8

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    Hi Shady, yes interesting REEs planned to be processed in India. Not surprising though, with a large existing chemical industry and an abundance of acid factories.(We remember Bhopal and Union Carbine).

India has cheaper labour costs than Malaysia, an enormous diverse cheap workforce and a fairly lax environmental record, so easy to get things approved. BTW Im not saying this last point is good. It sounds like one of the secrets to success with processing REEs is to find experienced process managers, it seems REE processing is a bit of an art not just a follow the easy steps procedure.

So if your thinking India for a place that PEK could process its REEs well it does have advantages,its close to Tanzania and has many deep water ports and the previous stated advantages.

From my perspective however I am hoping once we sure up the resourse we find a quicker way to monitise the asset.I would prefer five to ten times the current SP in the next five years to potentially a few more bags a few years later. The whole REE plant set up process takes many years.

A partial T/O of PEK that took out Ngualla (and left us with the gold), at a nice premium after the Jorc would be my ideal scenario. But what I want and what happens are two entirely different things!Lol!

It will be an interesting jouney, the only thing I am fairly sure of is after this placement settles the SP will be steadily onwards and upwards again. The hold ups with LYCs production and the inevitable holdups with Mountain Pass in America only put more pressure on the price of REEs. Its all playing out very well for the timing of PEKS maiden Jorc.

Cheers Tretch

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $53.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35336 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 5886 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 07.02am 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.