CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

china steel on prowl for ore assets

1. 9,361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Today's Australian on page 28, the article is entitled
    China Steel on prowl for ore and coal assets. (Sorry can't get a link to the online version).

Article says: "Taiwan's China Steel is seeking to acquire more overseas iron ore and coal resources this year, and Australian targets are on the list.
    China Steel could bid together with steelmakers from China, Japan and South Korea, president Sung Jyh-yuh said in an interview.
    Sung said that , apart from Australia, the company had also identified acquisition targets in Brazil and AFRICA.
    He said the company, taiwan's biggest steelmaker, hoped to acquire a stake in at least one iron ore mine this year, which would help boost the company's self sufficiency ratio in iron ore and coking coal to 9% this year and 15% per cent next year, from just 2 percent last year substantially reducing its feedstock costs."

Lets hope they were in the Marampa data room. If so, do I hear cornerstone investor anywhere?
    Only downside is that it may be referring to already producing mines although Marampa being near transport could be brought on stream quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.