You misunderstand. I am not anti solar or electric car. It is...

1. 11,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    You misunderstand. I am not anti solar or electric car.

It is the exuberance of the green brigade that I dislike, when they want me to drink the coolaide & nod my head in agreeance with there non factual biased opinions that do not stand up to inspection when you scratch under the surface.

The tech being offered is still a long way from being truly driverless (even by the last write up). Main highways & don't move your hands for too long away from the wheel or a warning will sound.

Q. What is the time delay from when the car warns you that you must take manual control (ie it doesn't know where it is)? At 100km/h or 33m/s (don't forget this thing is driving so close to the car in front that mere mortal reaction times are useless) you could be in an accident before you even realise you are just a passenger.

The holy grail will be when my 90 year old grandfather can dial up a car, tell it where to go & not need to be involved in the drive.
    At the moment he will need to be dropped on somewhere on the Hume Highway & make the rest of his way by foot to a place off the main road.(as he can't drive) & the car shits itself as soon as it get a bit of dirt on its wheels as it has no idea where it is or if safe to proceed...We are a long way from there.

Solar power is a rort which ever way you cut it. If solar was not subsidised would you buy it?

I've just sent in an email to my local member of Parliament. I suggest they start a licencing system (charged retrospectively) for EVERY solar panel installed in Australia that is pumping power into the grid. The reason being that these solar free loaders are getting use of infrastructure that has been developed & maintained by the base producers/ government etc.(& cost met by a reducing base...mainly other electricity users).

This free ride has to end. It is akin to driving your car on the road & not paying your registration fees.

If all Australia is solar, who pays for the line maintenance?

Society wants cheaper power & more of it 24/7, not just when the sun is shining.

If South Australia is the shining beacon of green energy (at least it still holds number one spot in the world for the dearest energy) & is something we all need to aspire to?.......... NOT

You can't crave for a cleaner world & electric cars without embracing nuclear as this point in time.

(China brought reactor 37 on line in the last couple of days - at least they aren't mucking around. Cheap power into the next decade will make them the economic power house as supply costs lessen & baron & pollution are reduced....Something we should all be following very closely.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.