I think you are clutching at straws there. Grid Batteries...

1. 11,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    I think you are clutching at straws there.

Grid Batteries Phhtwhatt - South aussies earth shattering battery supplies (which isn't inplace yet) lasts for 3 minutes for the state - it is not a replacement for base load & certainly isn't designed to charge the all the states cars plugged in at night. It smooths out the blip/ spike as the old tech ramps up again to save the day. (mostky imported from the old coals burners in QLD at Tarong to name a few).

Grid solar thermal salt batteries. What the total solar thermal salt battery out put in Australia since you brought it up?

Hydro storage - Australia is just teeming with Hydo stations able to take up base load. The Snowy scheme upgrade is great. Even better with a solar pump to pump the water back.
    (Sarcasm font unavailable)

Have you seem the latest stats for wind generation in South Aust - that aint saving your bacon let alone cooking it.

Tidal & geothermal.

None of the above will meet the demands a modern consumer demands.

(You forgot hamster running on a tread mill & kinetic energy recovery.)

Coal is what is keeping your light on at night. It might be old & it might be slow but it keeps chugging away.
    I'd prefer Nuclear in South Aust as I believe in green power. You can't claim to be green & not embrace nuclear.
    Last edited by mudguts: 21/09/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.