china - u.s. tensions rising - quinn, page-38

1. 2,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    "There are already more Chinese living in Nigeria than there were Britons during the height of the empire.
    The sub-Sahara is now the scene of one of the most bare-knuckled resource grabs the world has ever seen. "

and what is wrong with that? is china not allowed to flex its financial muscle? why can australia turn its nose at international law and claim east timor's oil & gas as its own and china not invest heavily in emerging nations? africans get some nice new TVs with their newfound wealth, china gets cheap raw materials and the west gets nothing because its flat broke

so taiwan asking the US for some help gives it the right to meddle in another country's affairs? if i gather some other west australian's together can we request russia help us out so we can secede from the eastern states (that are propped up by our resource wealth)?

from your posts, i'm assuming your of an age such that you won't be around for the next 'transition' of world power.. like what happened at the end of WWII, power will eventually shift from the debtor nations (then europe, now USA) to the creditor nation with the manufacturing base (then USA, now China)..

heck, it might not even happen during my lifetime, but it is inevitable and will happen eventually

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.