A2M 1.59% $5.74 the a2 milk company limited

China wants better relationship with NZ, page-14

1. 59 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    reflecting on this post and a few that followed it ...

The idea of China dividing Aust and NZ over trade ('nice to one and mean to the other') may actually lead to the advantage of A2M. China may be signalling that they want to encourage more IF from NZ or something along those lines.

In other words - instead of running around scared of something terrible China may do to A2M, they may try to accentuate the difference in treatment by being 'nice'. (of course it is all out of their self-interest)

I don't necessarily think this is very likely but why can it not be as likely as the opposite outcome so many are harping on about: slapping tariffs on A2M.

Too many fearful (non)shareholders (whom i think secretly want to buy in at a lower price).

---

I recently had an interesting thought:

how accurately we can value a company is inversely proportional to how much effort we go into 'story telling'.

For example if i can come up with a value just by looking at a company's 3 financial statements over the last 5 years without resort to charting, macro events etc then this would be minimal story telling and probably the most robust assessment. The world is probably too competitive and variable (due to technology alone) to be able to do this. However, the more i need to 'add' some spice to the mix ie tell some story to myself (and others e.g. on HC) then the less confident my assessment and my valuation becomes less accurate and more 'doctored' by the 'story telling'.

just a thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.