Hi Tony, The Chinese and Indian masses are now experiencing...

1. 2,762 Posts.
    Hi Tony,

The Chinese and Indian masses are now experiencing better lives. They want and need our resources at an increasing rate for the next 100 years. Do you think they will stop wanting those things due to economic problems? No way, any crash or slowdown will be met with financial measures and ingenuity. Money is only the means to enable it to all happen. Currently the Chinese are tapping the brakes, but if need be they can pump in the nitro. The leadership will never risk they're political strength by letting it go to depression. There's no gold standard restricting the money supply as in the great depression.

We had a taste of Chinese dropoff in commodities demand about a year ago. This is how they work as opportunists, to crash prices then move back in when it suits them. They tried it on with Rio Tinto, but they couldn't hold out long and before you knew it they were back in the market. According to Jim Rogers, China only comprises 10% of world demand anyway. In a crash situation, the AUD would plunge and nature would balance itself, as happened early last year.

Right now there's a new coal plant being fired up in China each few days. People won't let them shut down after they have lights, tvs and fridges.

I don't want to own much of any currencies, as they're all very suspect. So that brings you back to real assets, such as precious metals but also equities, excellent candidates being companies like BHP and MCC who own real resources in the ground. imo.

There have been many doomers in the last century but I don't see any rich ones, however there are plenty of rich optimists. Look how terribly the deflationists did last year, sat in USD with 0% interest.

No bunker in the groud for me :) Good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.