IDL 0.00% $1.27 industrea limited

I live in Beijing. Had an air test done last week on a clear...

1. 1,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I live in Beijing. Had an air test done last week on a clear day. Outside 430 particles. In my unit 310. Recommended safe level 150. And that was a good day.

As far as growth is concerned all I can report is there is plenty of building still going on. Beijing alone has 4 or 5 new subway lines to open in 2010 and when I look out my window there is cranes as far as you can see. I don't understand the oil figures though as there is thousands of cars being added to the roads every week. Cars are literally lined up at service stations as unlike in Aus there is not really that many servos.

You guys don't get anywhere near the reported mining accidents either. There is deaths every other day in some mine here somewhere. All good for safety related organisations. OH& S is also topical and currently there is a govt tender yet to be decided for the training of 3 million OH&S personnel. Believe me they will be busy people when you observe all the hazards in this country.

And yes it is cold. Very very cold. They must be chewing through energy at the moment. Interestingly as of 1 Jan electricity price was increased (inflation)

Another significant factor that I didn't understand until recently is the migrant (rural workers) are treated as aliens and cannot avail of any govt services in Beijing i.e they have to return to their home town for medical services and their children cannot go to govt schools or unis etc in Beijing. Obviously large percentages of salaries are repatriated as well. It is believed that this law will change in 2010 meaning cities such as Beijing will then experience additional growth as families relocate. I personally think this will happen as the govt needs it to avoid bubbles and continue to drive growth particularly consumerism. I am not sure of the figure but I think there is approx 1.5 million migrant workers in Beijing alone. Thats a lot of potential growth in the city if they are allowed to relocate.

I think it all bodes well for IDL. Right place, right time, right product.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.