I think you had better pray that they do not get to call all the...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    I think you had better pray that they do not get to call all the shots when it comes to economics. Pray that the West continues to call them. I do not have my head in the sand, China will become and is becoming a place where huge fortunes will be made. However, human rights abuses will continue, and censoring free speach will continue. Just this week is transpired that the Chinese version of Hilary's Memoirs were censored in Chinese with regard to her comments on China, and the Student Union of the Chinese University of Hong Kong found that the notebooks they had printed in China with critical comments about Tung Chee Wah (Chief Executive of HK) had been censored by the Mainland printer.
    In addition, the Chinese Government is always going on about stability. Why do you think that is so? It is because China is inherently unstable and they know it. It could explode any time. Small scale riots are relatively common. Why do they riot? Over injustice, corruption and opression.
    The inhumanity of Chinese authorities is monumental. Last week it was revealed how a drug addict, a woman was arrested. She pleaded with police to look after her 3 yr old daughter by telling her sister (the drug addict's sister). They did nothing and the child was found dead three weeks later in the locked flat.

These things will not change overnight, it could take a generation to change the culture that drives China at present. It may never change, as well.

Regards

Desmond

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.