AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

DRC is a very dangerous country and a high risk investment,...

1. 984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    DRC is a very dangerous country and a high risk investment, Canada and Australia are far safer options.
    I’m not bagging AVZ as it is a great asset and some people here are up a small fortune and good luck to them.
    But there is so much fan boy talk, one of the best respected posters on the AVZ thread at least acknowledged it’s all about your level of risk and reward you are prepared to take.

I lost a reasonable sum of money (thankfully recovered now) listening to much to the hype on HC without doing my own research. That was years ago and behind me now.

I still play high risk / reward shares but if I lose it all it was my risk not the fan boy hype.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ease-reliance-on-drc-for-cobalt-idUSKBN1D70GT

China urged to ease reliance on DRC for cobalt

Reuters Staff

3 MIN READ

GUANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - China is depending too much on the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) for cobalt, a crucial component in electric vehicle (EV) batteries, and should take steps to ensure security of supply, delegates said at an industry conference on Tuesday.

China, the world’s top cobalt consumer, is “over-reliant” on the African country, which accounts for around half of global cobalt supplies, said Wu Lijue, chairman of Guangdong Jiana Energy Technology Co, a supplier of cobalt salts and other materials for EV battery cathodes.

Jiana itself, as well as compatriots including Huayou Cobalt Co and China Molybdenum, have all invested in cobalt-bearing assets in the DRC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.