If you addressed the economic issues (EG passed comment on...

1. 21,920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    If you addressed the economic issues (EG passed comment on Professor Stiglitz's commentary on China,) it would be more in line with the Economic's Thread than your name calling & oneliner anti-China comment.

I am against Australia's dependance on China economically because we could very well end up in a Loose/Loose situation as the US/China economic war cross fire.. ( Congress has signalled targeted economic sanctions on China today due to human rights abuses).China's blocking of our Barley, Beef, Wine etc is just the start because lets face it if you are your suppliers biggest buyer and that supplier bags your business, what would YOU do?

China needs our iron ore, met & coking coals, LNG & base metals so the best strategy economically is to process our own minerals here in Aus,
    add Aus value to our exports, support our AUD by deversifying trade and conquest Chinese overseas customers with our manufactured products.

The USA does not want our mineral or energy exports so its in the US interest in persueing an economic war against to block our mineral and
    energy exports to China. This happened in a minor way with the US trade sanctions on Russia a few years ago and ditto with our previous
    grain exports ti Iran. IMO those sanctions are justified but just imagine waht would happen to our economy which is 40% dependant on China if the USA bunged complete trade sanctions on China tomorrow. We'd be stone broke within 6 months mate but I guess those with nothing to loose have nothing to loose.

Can you explain why this is pro-China please? To propose the onshore processing of our minerals using our coal & gas is anti-China economically and something we can do without US support!
    IMO we cant trust either the USA or China judging by their recent behaviours so the sensible thing to do economically is to do what we can
    to minimise our dependance on either, Up to the 1960s we depended economically and security-wise on the UK but the UK dropped us like a hot potatoe once the UK joined the EC (then the EEC)

It is simply pro Australia which, IMO, is the correct thing to do because as I've posted for years, we have FTA's with some of the world's biggest Auto manufacturers and we shpuld be using our strengths ( not our weaknesses) to add value to Aussie mineral & energy exports.
    I'll reiterate for your benefit because I think others have long since got the point.

This strategy is anti-China economic dependance, putting Australia firs, increasing our exports without digging up more precious minerals.

From 2008-2013 China has encouraged our over production of Iron Ore, Bauxite & Coal through providing targeted capital to our miners . That
    has moderated price increases which would have been caused by China's growing demand* . At the time I advocated that Australia & Brazil
    ought to have created a OPEC like consortium of iron ore producers to avoid over production and stabilise pricing.

Unfortunately our Comm. Labor Government could only see the $Billions of Chinese money being invested in WA, QLD & NSW by spruiking
    short term employment rather than being strategic in formulating legislation to ensure higher Iron ore & coal pricing.

So in summary, my focus is on Aus & not on China or the USA (lived there for 3 years but wasn't impressed) and, as such, I'm neither anti-China or Anti-USA.....just pro-Aus.

*China is a planned economy & ours is not and this was part of their long term plan, IMO.Its OBI already excludes and provisions for Russia, Mongolia, Africa & the ex UUUS States supplying its mineral & energy needs & access to consumer markets in these jurisdictiona & the EC.

Last edited by moorookamick: 02/07/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.