BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

China's new 17% tax on imports, page-6

1. 7,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-...-falls-after-reports-of-new-china-tax/7283022

Bellamy's has been making the most of China's growing demand for Australian-made baby formula but on Tuesday, shares were posting the second biggest losses on the ASX 200 index - down by around 6 per cent.
    The company's CEO and managing director, Laura McBain, was unavailable for an interview but in a statement cited a loyal customer base.

"Bellamy's products continue to be in high demand in China, and we do not anticipate the tax will have a negative impact on sales," she said.

"Our focus continues to be on meeting demand and producing the highest quality organic products; giving mothers piece of mind that they are providing their babies a pure start to life."
    Mr Colbeck said it was hard to know whether Australian products and companies like Bellamy's would be hurt by the tax.

"Talking at an Australian-Chinese business dialogue at a pretty high level I didn't see any indication of a lessening of demand for Australia's high-quality safe food products, I only saw indications that demand for those is going to continue," he said.

The Federal Government is seeking clarity about the tax from its Beijing embassy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.