BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

chinese company annual turnover of 4 billion, page-22

1. 8,088 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Nevawake - Sorry but I just can't let you away with claiming something which is just not the truth.

Let us take a boring walk through a little history. We need to do that to see how this announcement today is not as momentous as you would claimit to be.

Now before we go there let me clarify something. Do I think that the Chinese connection is significant for RAU.
    Yes - absolutely, provided it works out (and we all hope it does naturally) So let's have a look.

(1) Dec 2007 : First Chinese Visit. Delegation comes and is shown projects in FNQ. Like what they see want to come again.
    CONCLUSION: Important Chinese mining company very interested in coming to some arrangement with RAU over one or more of the projects.
    (2) Mar 2008 : Second Chinese visit. After delay second delegation visits which includes the Chairman of mining company. Visit Burraga this time. Like what they see and indicate they want to get into an arrangement. Invite RAU to China to discuss finacial and technical matters.
    CONCLUSION: Important Chinese mining company still very interested and wants to take a further step in reaching an arrangement
    (3) April 2008 : Third Chinese visit. Extra visit, previously not part of the earlier arrangements, and this time includes important politician. Again visit Burraga. Again include request for extension talks in China
    CONCLUSION : Important Chinese mining company still very intersed and wants to take a further step in reaching arrangement. Needed to get backing of politician for its plan so arranges this special extra meeting to achieve that goal.

In my opinion - all that the third visit has achieved has been an opportunity for thState owned mining company to gain the support of the important Chinese politician for their future plans.
    The third visit is just part of the process - no big deal BY ITSELF. Just another step to "something" (perhaps).

As JK says in the BRR the company wants "supply". It may offer something in the way of being a cornerstone investor but that is where things get a bit hazy and uncertain because RAU has to be able to provide something from Burrag that is going to meet the Chinese company's requirement for "supply". No supply = no major investment.

Let's just keep it real

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.