CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

chinese deal is a done deal, page-18

1. 2,499 Posts.
    IMHO the poor performance of the SP is not an indication of whether the market thinks the deal will or will not succeed. In fact I think the market does believe the deal will go through.

What you should ask though, is what each share is worth after the deal goes through. Then you might have your answer on why the SP has suffered.

Comments I read here suggest to me people aren't thinking broadly enough. I may just be a "mum and dad" type investor with no finance/industry background but I've played with stocks for 4+ years now, starting with MGX in 2002, AZR in 2004 (when its market cap was around $30m) and at the very least I'd say I'm somewhat familiar with "types" of iron ore deposits. And from my experience there's nothing to be confident about the quality of the CFE iron ore deposit. In fact I reckon there is a very real chance it will end up being worth zilch. All it takes for this to happen is the cost of production to exceed the sale price per tonne of ore. (in that case wouldn't you say, despite the deal going through, and CFE receiving $250m cash, that the share price isn't a bargain at 40c?)

But don't take it from me, ask what the industry types or iron ore experts think of the deposit. really they'd know a bit more than the average internet chat forum punter who probably don't even know what iron ore looks like.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.