thought there would be a thread dedicated to the opening...

1. 709 Posts.
    thought there would be a thread dedicated to the opening ceremony and thought I would add to it.

On TV in HK we have some Kiwi with zero concept of Chinese history and a poor Chinese woman, foreign educated it should be said, covering for him at every turn narrating the ceremony.

I am not sure who you guys have but the Kiwi is hilarious considering he would have been told about the 'honour' of broadcasting the opening ceremony at least 3-6 months in advance I expect. Not only that, he has stated that they are seeing things they did not witness in the rehearsal proving that he has actually seen the majority of the ceremony during the dry run.

He said it early but I believe his best comments came early with the likes of:

"..and that came from the Tang dynasty, when was that?" and then..."they look like bamboo headsets they have, what an earth are they wearing?", rotfl.... It was later explained by the woman that bamboo elements were one of China's first inventions, lol

All Kiwi's please don't take offence as I love Jake the Muss but long may his incompetence and lack of preparation continue, I need a good laugh...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.