AVG 2.94% 16.5¢ australian vintage ltd

I hope you are wrong south9204. I have been holding mine for the...

1. 152 Posts.
    I hope you are wrong south9204. I have been holding mine for the long term and I do not intend to sell them to any chinese buyers. McGuigan are a true blue died in the wool Australian wine company. I saw a program sometime ago on the family on ABC and as soon as I saw that they were back on board the Company with the obvious intent of pulling it up by its boot straps I started buying into it. I would be surprised if they would want to sell, but it looks like a fair amount of it is held by institutions who probably would if offered enough. We have got to stop trashing Australian primary production. Also a couple of weekends ago in one of the papers there was a piece about AVG which stated that AGK (AGL Energy) was buying up vineyards previously owned by ex directors etc of AVG and that they were being managed by one of the McGuigans (either father or son). I couldn't see the synergy so perhaps you are right. This company makes fine wine and the very idea of it being sold off just as a source of bulk wine makes me cringe. McGuigans shares topped $6.00 in the past before amalgamation and the wine glut and over the long term I think it is possible for them to reach that again, but perhaps I am too optimistic. Do not use this as a basis to invest DYOR this is just my personal opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $54.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $106.6K 627.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 556556 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 14738 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.