S32 0.00% $3.62 south32 limited

I know nothing about charting. Absolutely zero. However, I am...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I know nothing about charting. Absolutely zero.

However, I am suspicious about why a boring base metals company would be on my trading account's "most actively traded stocks" list each day; alongside PLS, ZIP and the usual suspects. But manipulation? Nah. Surely it's far too big for that as an ASX20 member. There would be smaller stocks to manipulate. Or maybe I'm too naive. Shorts are at < 0.5%

I've tried to buy a small parcel at exactly $4.00 a few times, but always seem to just miss it. It hits $4.00 briefly then drifts upwards again. Maybe a weak night in the US will bring me an opportunity tomorrow.

If it's being manipulated though, good luck to whoever is doing it. I don't care. S32 is all about my later-in-the-decade expectations for metals prices. I couldn't care less if someone is making a 10% trading profit here or there in the interim. In fact, I welcome lower prices. My only (very small purchase) this year was at around $4.30 after I let myself get sucked in to some strong upward momentum. No harm done.

Our price reflects base metals prices and expectations for their short term future need. Our chart roughly follows BHP, but depending on the timeframe selected, either we're ahead or BHP is ahead.

@mayo1975, yes. Hoots is a legend, but check your "@" tag to him. From memory it's "h00ts" not "hoots".

My weak charting effort...

Over the past year it's all over the place.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5295/5295840-d7c87c711509146ce79d0fde387b58e5.jpg

Since listing, it's been two periods of upward movement, with a period of decline leading up to 20/3/2020 (the market low for Covid).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5295/5295845-c5c51f208df07e10be3e90c8b2f6b995.jpg

None of this is particularly useful to anyone, or new information My strategy is to just hold, collect the dividends, and pick up more on market weakness. Let the electrification thematic, and management do the rest of the work for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.