CFR 0.00% 0.6¢ cluff resources pacific nl

chitradurga iron ore india, page-27

1. 13,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 335
    Part 2

In the southern part of Chitradurga schist belt, Chitradurga and Tumkur districts, rich with supergene enriched haematitic iron ores occur. The Megalahalli sector in Chitradurga district and several ranges in Chiknayakanahalli sector like Sondekoppa, Karekurchi, Janehar, Kondli and others in Tumkur district are endowed with massive haematitic iron ores.

In Chikmagalur district some of the Banded Iron Formations have undergone supergene enrichment producing mine-able haematite type of ores. Smaller workable haematitic ore deposits also occur in Bagalkot, Belgaum, Dharwad, Shimoga and Uttara Kannada districts.

Magnetite iron ore: The Kudremukh and partly Bababudan iron ore belts represent massive magnetite type of ores, occurring in the form of banded magnetite quartzites. In banded magnetite quartzites, layers of iron oxides (magnetite) alternate with those of quartz. The Early Precambrian BIFs have been metamorphosed to greenschist to amphibolite facies and the ores occur mainly in the magnetite form. Most of the estimated 7.8 billion tonnes of magnetite ores reserves of Karnataka are in the Kudremukh and Bababudan ranges falling within the limits of Chikmagalur district. Magnetite type iron ores are harder compared to haematitic ores and are amenable for underground type of mining. However, in Kudremukh area, KIOCL designed a large open cast type of mine to extract the low grade magnetite ore.

Some interesting Tables at this site also

MULTIBAGGER

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.