KGN 0.00% $4.17 kogan.com ltd

First, i have to say I don’t sit in the office with data on...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    First, i have to say I don’t sit in the office with data on Kogan’s volume. All of my opinion is based on what I see, at our warehouses in Sydney. 

The volume of Kogan sort of go up and down, I think it depends on when they have a sale or not. I can’t really say if it has increased or decreased compared to previous years. Amazon, on the other hand, has a constant amount of parcels coming through, no up and down periods like Kogan. During Kogan’s sale, there are probably more Kogan’s parcels than Amazon’s. Very similar story for Catch, during Christmas period, Catch parcels were everywhere (mind you, their parcels are very east to spot due to the logo printing on their box), I thought they were like the king of ecommerce. Fast forward to now, we hardly see any Catch boxes.

I have seen a lot of Kogan’s homebrand products, the DC fans, evap cooler, TVs, Ovela brand, Pawever pets, coming through. There is a constant amount of Kogan parcels via express post. I suppose that is a good sign for the post-GST law era.

One thing that bothers me is that i remember I read somewhere that Kogan has warehouse facilities in many different states. From what I have seen, all their orders have been coming from Victora only (if I work in Victoria, I will probably have a better idea of their outgoinng volume)

From a customer’s perspective, products I purchased from Kogan are of good quality, they don’t feel cheap, but again they are also not of the cheapest prices. Prder processing could be better, right now it can take 2 days to leave their warehouse. 

re: Amazon’s parcels treatment, it is mainly because they are, like you said, TooBigToLose. Also, we know damn well they can do their own delivery if they want to (i.e. Amazon Flex) and they can become a courier like they did in the US. We assume they are less likely to fast track their ‘courier business’ here if they are happy with the local couriers here.

Happy to hear the opinions of others. Throw me questions if you want to. If I can find the answer, I will.

fun fact for you all: Iconic is also our major customer, and they are growing very fast, pumping out tons (no joke) of products daily.

DYOR, GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.17
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $420.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.21 $4.24 $4.12 $3.020M 723.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5621 $4.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.18 4400 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.