CHN 10.9% $1.58 chalice mining limited

After investing in the mining space for over 40 years & doing...

1. 2,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    After investing in the mining space for over 40 years & doing many thousands of trades, this project is too big and important to leave idle . If you look at Newmont's recent takeover of Newcrest big deals do happen. True Newcrest is a very profitable company . But for a company with deep pockets, this one is highly likely to be too. A share swap with a major is always the easiest way. But the vendors of this project are way down at these prices.

Given Russia's dominance in this space & South Africa's high-cost situation, an oper cut then underground is eminently possible. Look at how many times the Golden Mile Mine has changed hands. Look at the possible merger of Lynas with the US company that is occurring at the moment Look at the Chinese long-term play for NTU.
    It is well known that the West is very concerned about Russia & China's control of these strategic minerals & the Americans would certainly not like to see this project somehow pass into totalitarian hands. These are designated strategic critical minerals by the US government
    I have no idea when there could be a move on this company, but I am sure the future of these industrial minerals would have to be under evaluation by the world's major mining companies. This is a rare Tier One deposit. In South Africa they have gone so underground it is now uneconomic to mine. Incidentally, the POD deposit should be secured in Australian hands. Chinese companies dominate Indonesian nickel companies, as Chinese companies control much of DRP minerals. China tries to get control of these companies whenever possible. The US & the Australian government better smarten up soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.