CHN 19.5% $1.22 chalice mining limited

CHN chart, page-7962

1. 3,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1081
    @TheInvestories. I prefer not to state a sentiment but let the comments speak for themselves. My reference to the scoping study gave no opinion but was merely to point the investor to a wide range of opinions so that he could establish his own answer to his question.
    In all honesty, I do not have any clear opinion as to the future prospects of CHN, There are so many unknowns:
    - capital costs of establishing a mine and processing plant in several years time
    - future metal prices in several years time
    - operational costs of running a mine and plant in several years time
    - economic conditions and hence capital availability when it is needed

The SS is +/- 30% or so accurate (ie not very inaccurate)
    A DFS typically runs at +/- 10% (better but still leaves a fair amount of doubt)
    Accuracy of a PFS is between the two.

Given that CHN is talking of production in 2027 (based on SS with all going well) there has to be a lot of uncertainty at this point in time.
    Clearly CHN got a shock over the market reaction to the SS and so have fairly quickly switched to finding a better short term exploitation of Gonneville. No published analysis for this has been released yet.

So, in summary, it is unwise to have any clear position on CHN's future prospects but it is better to monitor it regularly and decide one's investment position accordingly, even if someone is investing long term, as TheInvestories says he is thinking of doing.

Cheers, jogo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.