CHO 0.00% $4.80 choiseul investments limited

****Indeed. I was suprised Mr Buffett would make such a move,...

1. 2,250 Posts.

Indeed. I was suprised Mr Buffett would make such a move, but I guess it makes sense rationally and most tax effective for existing $BNI holders.
    The once superiority of my B class stock will be now split 50-1.

Aghast.
    I guess dollar value should not play any part on the price of purchase. Why would one think that Berkshire is a buy at $66 (50-1) than at $3k+? The psychology kicks in, I guess, but for value investors this should play no part in a purchase of a security.
    The only thing that comes to my mind is that the annual woodstock for capitalists will be much more competitive to secure my favorite seat at the Qwest centre! I assume rules around bringing family will cease.
    $BNI is a good business. It will be able to secure better terms under the Berkshire stable. It holds a true comparative advantage.

Interesting days on the ASX too. There are few wonderful businesses chosen due to, of all things *fear* of dollar movements, that have been dampened . Not on business position, product offerings, service, dominance or superior management -(oh no, that would be, well, rational) but on the value & effect of the dollar on current earnings! It amazes the short sighted folly of the market. But, it is there to serve us rather than guide us - and am liking some prices of business at present.

*And I do like CHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.