CHO 0.00% $4.80 choiseul investments limited

cho, page-86

1. 2,250 Posts.

***ITB, my 2c worth to your post***

The big question I think is if Berkshire will be included in the S&P 500!
    The S&P 500 remains the proxy for the US securities market [despite the contrary to the focus we hear day in day out on the DOW performance - which is tiring]. Standard and Poors maintains criteria related to trading volume and the high price that has disqualified Berkshire from the list.

C'est la vie.
    In the short term, the inclusion [if it is], will have to be purchased by fund managers and institutions including mutual managers. I believe [short term] that it will create a short term run on the price. Not just by the above, but also those investors/individuals/speculators who just want the *tangible* benefit of owning Berkshire Hathaway just "because" it is in reach.
    Long term shareholders, as now, will be focused on its intrinsic value not price movement. Therefore, long term inclusion is likely to mean nothing for this type of holder.
    It should also be said, not many will want to own a stock that pays no dividends. Be it for whatever reason - those will stick clear of Berkshire for this reason.
    I think there will be no movement to the 'A' scrip.

NB: For each addition to the S&P 500, one must be removed. Careful consideration must take place.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.