cholesterol repairs the brain, page-2

1. 12,085 Posts.
    I read the articles. I suppose it depends what side of the fence you're sitting on. I had a Cardiac Arrest out of the blue. Doctors could attribute no particular factor because everything was in moderation and my age, 44, was well under moderation, so to say. Only 15% survive a CA, and that's with medical intervention.

I take Lipitor 40mg, Ramipril 5mg and Aspirin 100mg daily. Metoprolol I can step down and cease using it in 10 days. Apparently it's normally used for the first year after a CA but I hadn't been advised to stop using it, pays to question your own treatment! I had been on it almost 2 years.

Anyway, any of those drugs has (possible) side effects to scare you to chance a CA instead but common sense says that I didn't walk out of the hospital on luck. Medical research has it's place. I would rather chance my existence on a 2% difference to survive(as per the article claim) than the claims that 'I'll be right jack', without them and using them may give me one foot in the grave, I had both back out due to medications that have potential death inducing side effects.

As an example, "Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black or bloody stools; confusion; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; hearing loss; ringing in the ears; severe or persistent stomach pain; unusual bruising; vomiting."

If that's what an Asprin can do to you we had all better let that Nurofen, Panadol or 'harmless' ointment find it's way into the bin.

Do your best and if you number is up...you, or the best medical team, has no say.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.