As soon as we start wandering down the path of employment by...

1. 258 Posts.
    As soon as we start wandering down the path of employment by quota rather than capability, there can only ever be a diminution in quality of outputs. It is already happening in some larger organisations.

Next logical step is that we go into the next levels of social segmentation where smaller and smaller groups of people determine that they 'need' to get their fair share of the jobs.

I firmly believe in meritocracy and that businesses can only succeed when they have the best people they can get at that time in the right roles. As a small business owner, getting the right people is hard work as it without having a govt department dictating who I can and cannot hire (and I know we are not there, that is the extreme end of this sort of discussion).

What of jobs that are dominated by women? Nurses and teachers come to mind immediately but I am sure there are many others. Would they need to shed staff to ensure that women only have 50% of those jobs?

Overall this is another utopian thought bubble that would be a drain on the real world, but that's OK as long as a select few can feel good about themselves - consequences be damned.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.