Chop chop shop talk, page-14

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi Bayswater, I consider myself to be one of the very lucky ones. I bought in about five yrs ago, 300k shares @1.6c on the back of something that I'd read in Motley Fool. I sold 200k of them @10.5c a day or two after that massive spike last year, but not before I had any idea what a pump and dump was and not before I had enthusiastically encouraged my young son to buy some for himself, which he did on the rise up, at 8.5c. It's lucky that he only purchased $1,000 worth, so it isn't the end of the world, but it was this windfall and subdequent disappointment that got me thinking about the company and which led to me joining HC late last year. I have since read widely about the company and its BoD, well beyond the scope of the co. itself and put all of this in the greater context of the numerous ASX announcements, hyped up drip feeds, late compliances, amateurish social presentations, sloppy grammer etc and a plethora of worrisome associations and decisions which to my conservative and hopefully honest mind leaves me feeling more than a little sad for two groups of investors - the original mums and dads who bought in before the metamorphosis and the ones, like my boy, who got in too late and find themselves trapped, probably bewildered and wondering what to do next. Then there is the as yet unknown group who are yet to buy in, if and when relisting occurs.
    I didn't want to get into a lengthy preamble, so I'll try to get to my point. The HC thing shows me that there are very many sincere posters who are clearly altruistic and only want the best for everybody and the company. I am also begining to see how pump and dump types operate too, which concerns me a lot. But in the first group there is a subset who must choose their words very carefully, who have to bite their tongue constantly, because not all listed companies are in good shape or have commendable track records. These informed folk are stuck because nobody wants to point fingers without having the means to back up their claims and then of course if one does then they're in all sorts of hot water.
    I most definitely will not be taking up the discounted offer with attached options, even if this means that the company restructure is placed in jeopardy. Should I wish to top up on my remaining 100k units I'm pretty certain that I will be able to at a lower price within a few months of relisting, possibly sooner. Apart from what I've gleaned re every group and individual mentioned above, my greater concern lies with specific directions that many C. sativa companies are headed. I totally approve of hemp on environmental grounds - water, pesticides, ease of farming, harvesting, reliability - for a plant that has a multitude of used with zero waste. I also feel that hemp seed and pods for nutritional purposes is long overdue and another reliable and essentially honest and probably harmless contribution to such businesses' income stream. I have my own feelings about the possible future of recreational uses of its more potent cousin and whilst this doesn't directly involve our particular Co right now, it will soon be and I think it's wiser to see how other countries fare both socially and legally before Australia follows this path.
    My main concern is with MM and what I perceive to be widespread misinformation and ignorance, not entirely one sided either and this is where many shareholders of many companies are about to fall flat.
    I'm going to post off now and get about my Sunday and have a further think about what I might perhaps like to add later today.
    Thank you for bearing with me, I've not really said anything that has not already been clearly stated by others, but nonetheless it's good to share one's sentiments.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.