MEL 25.0% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

In the early days of Howard/Costello they sold off most of the...

1. 1,569 Posts.
    In the early days of Howard/Costello they sold off most of the federal governments office buildings. My brother worked in DAS assett management and his last role (in making himself redundant) was to supervise many of the sale negotiations and contracts.

In the end all sold for well under their replacement value, most when to liberal party supporters and doners, and ALL featured long term lease back arrangments that were to die for.

I even spreadsheeted trying to fund 10 mill at one point - as the the building on offer would have been paid for itself in goverment rent inside 6 years of a 10 year lease back!

imo its a no brainer ... any government that needs to sell off public assetts to fund its programs has to broaden its tax base.

The real question is why do 'we' keep electing such mediocrity .. why do we all opt for the meaningless tax cuts and then complain about the societal impact of declining services ... maybe BOF and the previous labour crowd are all we really deserve.

Maybe Buddy your like me ... and hoping against hope that all the real talent out there are on the Boards of small CSM exploration companies?

;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $7.237M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $500 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 13664897 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3626406 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.