Luke24:39 Christian Standard Bible Look at my hands and my feet,...

1. 913 Posts.
    Luke24:39
    Christian Standard Bible
    Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.”

Contemporary English Version
    Look at my hands and my feet and see who I am! Touch me and find out for yourselves. Ghosts don't have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Good News Translation
    Look at my hands and my feet, and see that it is I myself. Feel me, and you will know, for a ghost doesn't have flesh and bones, as you can see I have."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Look at My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself! Touch Me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have."

International Standard Version
    Look at my hands and my feet, because it's really me. Touch me and look at me, because a ghost doesn't have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

NET Bible
    Look at my hands and my feet; it's me! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones like you see I have."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    “See my hands and my feet, that it is I; touch me and know that a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see that I have.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    Look at my hands and feet, and see that it's really me. Touch me, and see for yourselves. Ghosts don't have flesh and bones, but you can see that I do."

So clearly, Jesus is saying that, in NO way shape or form was he a spirit, and never was,......as he was and always was -> just body, soul and spirit as per a man.

Wotsup,
    Every person has a spirit, so clearly a spirit can have a body.
    In the above verse Jesus is saying he is not a ghost.
    Which is what makes sense if you read the whole chapter.

The problem you have Wotsup is that this is the verse you use repeatedly to say that Jesus is not a spirit
    and so cannot be the Word.

Wotsup
    The Word that was God became flesh (John 1:1 & John 1:14)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.