Jesus rightly rebuked him saying: ------------- That's a good...

1. 923 Posts.

Jesus rightly rebuked him saying:
    -------------
    That's a good point you make Tonio. It was my mistake to claim Jesus rebuked Satan,he simply told him to ''go away.'' He had not yet been given authority to rebuke Satan

MrGordon,
    It was no mistake. In your heart you know that Jesus reciting scripture, rebuked Satan 3 times
    and told him to go away. Jesus, the Word made flesh has always had the authority to rebuke Satan.
    The archangel Michael had no such authority but could only call on the name of the Lord.

Michael was given authority to do more than rebuke Satan, he threw him out of heaven.
    Jesus understood from prophecy he would have to wait at God's right hand to be given that authority.
    (Psalm 110:1, 2) Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” 2 Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”

MrGordon,
    The problem for you is that if Jesus is sitting at the Fathers' right hand, while the Father places Jesus'
    enemies as a stool for his feet. Jesus cannot be the archangel Michael throwing Satan from heaven.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.