QBE 0.03% $16.56 qbe insurance group limited

christchurch, page-8

1. 535 Posts.

It would be a relatively simple exercise to report a maximim exposure by number crunching the policy limits on every policy you have in the earthquake region.

So this assumes worst case - all your policy holders were affected to the max and are going to claim their limit.

If you have quite a few policy holders this would potentially generate an unrealistic figure.

Maybe SUN and IAG do have relatively little exposure - ie. not many policy holders in the region - they are willing to err because the number they are putting out under even worst case circumstances is pretty small ? Who knows.

And maybe QBE had a resonably heavy exposure - they need a more accurate assessment. You just aint gonna get it, and it's not appropriate to chase it, or even mention it to the media, while people are still being pulled out of the rubble.

I am going to take a bet that it is a reasonably smallish number looked after adequately by re-insurance and hold through this - but thats just me. It will probably drift lower without news and at some stage I will buy some more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.56
Change
0.005(0.03%)
Mkt cap ! $25.21B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.73 $16.82 $16.51 $29.97M 1.788M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 2938 $16.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.56 920 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.03pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.