Christian Minister prosecuted for refusing to do Welcome to Country.

1. 61,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 312

Christian Minister prosecuted for refusing to do Welcome toCountry.

Thursday, 15 August 2024

The war on regular Australians just went up anothernotch.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6385/6385511-7b3dcfefe48d57630878206664513a56.jpg

He said the man who raised the claim against himhad paid for a ticket one of his conferences and attended the event, only tocomplain that 'I have racially vilified and humiliated him on the grounds ofhis race and religion.'

'I don't know if he's some other religion or why hecame to a Christian event to hear from a Christian teacher of Christiandoctrine,' he told online news network ADH TV.

'The ubiquitousness of these Welcome to Countryrituals being imposed upon Australians of all beliefs or non-belief at sportingevents, when you land on a plane, when you walk into a government building,when you visit a website, when you start a Zoom meeting.

'These are religious rituals which Christians inparticular should have no part of.

'And under a democratic, allegedly secular andpluralistic society, it should also be something that the taxpayer doesn't fundand the government doesn't impose.

'It’s the duty of Christians to preach the truthand gospel and to not mix Christianity with false religion, such as theAboriginal traditional religion, which is bearing all the hallmarks of paganism… inherently false beliefs,' he claimed.

'I don't care if the penalty is $2.50 on theprinciple of it. I will not apologise for preaching the gospel.'

Mr Pellowe was speaking to controversial formerChristian lobbyist and ADH TV host Lyle Shelton who himself has faced afour-year fight with authorities over comments he made linked to his religion.

It comes after a long-serving mayor alsoslammed Welcome to Country ceremonies earlier this week, labelling them'bulls***', as debate continues to swirl around their appropriateness atcouncil meetings.

Trevor Pickering, 54, was first elected as mayor ofCroydon Shire Council, in north Queensland, in 2012 before winning thefollowing elections in 2016 and 2020.

Mr Pickering has taken issue with the shiftingpolitical climate, noting there has been a growing fixation on 'risk assessedmanagement plans', preferred pronouns and phrases like 'inclusion' and'resilience'.

Having served on the council since 2000, thefourth-generation cattle farmer said he has 'had a gutful of the bulls**t' andthat he won't contest the next vote.

When pressed on his views on Welcome to Countryceremonies, Mr Pickering said he refused to hold them at his council meetings.

'I've got a nephew who is Aboriginal, I have otherfamily members who identify as Aboriginal, I grew up with Aboriginal people, Ibefriended Aboriginal people,' he told the Courier Mail.

'That Welcome to Country stuff is all purebulls**t.'

Welcome to Country and Acknowledgement of Countryceremonies have been a hot topic for councils around the country.

HOW BLOODY RIDICULOUS!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.