christianity and reason, page-52

1. 8,980 Posts.
    re:denman: christianity and reason .. atomou Thanks, mate. You gave me quite a chuckle. I had very similar experiences, though my severence point with the church was somewhere around 14 when I suddenly noticed that while I was praying with the true conviction of a genuine believer, my gonads were trembling at the sight of other 14year old girls' undies! I thought that being a devout Christian I was protected from this sort of thing (well I knew nothing about it at that stage anyhow) but there I was, all my plans of becoming a stern and god-fearing monk flew out of the window one fine Sunday morning, when the sun's rays splintered through the church window and became a hallow around a young lady's knees.
    So, I was quite puzzled for a while. We used to get told that "God always sends you checks to see if your belief is strong enough" and "God will shine the truth to you..." etc. So I chose the latter and since then I became... well, no, not a sex-starved fool but a sexy cool guy... I am kidding of course. Logos means word+reason and the word "apology" in ancient greek (as well as Modern Greek) means to "explain yourself" (as did Socrates) rather than "to apologise" as it means in English.
    Funny that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.