Thanks for the thread SnuffI have copy and pasted it for...

1. 4,327 Posts.
    Thanks for the thread Snuff

I have copy and pasted it for reference for myself and others.

If only that was true ;)

Lets forget the argument re Gods gender (not enough time...and its not important..today)

"....Investigated and understood by reason"

And whos reason would that be?
    How could we possibly understand what Gods reason would be anyway?
    Is God actually aware of God?
    If so why did God create this world?
    Maybe God needs a bit of 'feedback'?
    Maybe Gods reasoning was that God needed some perspective?
    God needs to grow too?
    Maybe God is as confused as all of us?
    Maybe God deliberately set this up so God could create more awareness for God?
    Who says God actually knows everything anyway...God or man?
    If God said God knew everything then perhaps God doesnt?
    Gods consciousness i'd suggest is obviously much more developed therefore Gods reason is too. How could we understand Gods reason and apply it?
    We cant. History shows that. The Churches (thats all of them) have demonstrated that they have been unable to reason without getting caught up in reason itself and the limitations of understanding of the bigger picture, the wider community/world....within the confines of a very rigid and structured paradigm that has been abused and edited and at times totally misunderstood and applied.

Any system or paradigm or religion that states that something cannot be questioned or put to task is dubious.
    Fear based beliefs magnify this.

Question everything and when someone or something says you cant....you know you have just found a BIG crack in the system..

Proceed forward from there and keep asking questions ;)

Snuff wrote:

Many here taqke the view that the Church is not inot reason. I contend it has always been into reason. During a google search on another matter I came up with this quote about reason. It is by Tertullian who wrote from about 190-220 ad.

To quote the source, he wrote in Latin.

"Quippe res dei ratio quia deus omnium conditor nihil non ratione providit disposuit ordinavit, nihil [enim] non ratione tractari intellegique voluit.

This is translated as:

For reason is a property of God's, since there is nothing which God, the creator of all things, has not foreseen, arranged and determined by reason; moreover, there is nothing He does not wish to be investigated and understood by reason.

Text is CCL I, p.321. Translation is ACW 28. See note on p.137: There are 340 passages in Tertullian where the word ratio appears, making it one of the most frequently used nouns in his work."

If that is not the foundation for a scientific approach to life and the world I do not know what else is required.

Regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.