Christianity question, page-36

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi Six20aus

To bake a chocolate cake, you read a recipe.
    In it, you are told what is required and the steps to take to arrive at the chocolate cake.But then there are many types of chocolate cake, and many differing recipes. Which is correct ? What if all of them produce a chocolate cake ? What if they produce a chocolate cake that is not the chocolate cake you required ?
    Who then can say their recipe is the only recipe that provides THE chocolate cake ?Seems even the cooks can't agree. How is anyone else to have any chance of finding the fairytale chocolate cake ?

The best chocolate cakes are the ones our mothers and wives make. I never saw my mother or grandmother bake from a written recipe. I have never seen my wife bake from a written recipe. Yet all these ladies will tell you that they got the recipe from their mothers.
    So what are the chances that my wife's cake is exactly the same as her great great grandmother's? Zilcho.
    But our cakes are great. And each of us has the true cake.
    The Bible (Old Testament) and the Koran were passed on from generation to generation verbally. For centuries. And then they began to make copies.
    What chance that the first written version had any resemblance to the beginning of the story?
    Yet the copy that each of us has is the TRUE VERSION.

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.