(Acts 2:38) Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you...

1. 22,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    (Acts 2:38) Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.

John 1:33 - And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

My understanding is, Jesus did no physical baptism's.

Name of Jesus, exalted and by Inheritance --> The Word of God.
    The Word of God is Spirit John 6:63, so you could say, Jesus Baptized with The Word = The Word of God.
    Meaning - 1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
    John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and ofthe Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    These 2 ref Mean --> John 1:13 - Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So quite clearly here Mr G, the Spirit and The Word are shown to be none other than The Almighty God and Father.
    You are not born again by two different ways.

Both the Spirit AND The Word = The Word of God, were GIVEN to Jesus = you simply CANNOT be the item, thing you are given.
    Hence Jesus in name only has the name --> The Word of God = representing, meaning the role of which God had planed for and gave him.
    A bit like the meaning and reason, Jesus was named Jesus and why Abraham's name was changed, Abraham meaning --> Father of many.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.