christians no different to muslims, page-94

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    D12, those three points are al circular arguments.

The first is based on the bible being true. Therefore all the prophecies work out. He doesn't make the point how much effort Joseph and Mary had to go through to fulfil all those prophecies, from a mythical census forcing them to Bethlehem, then move to Nazareth (so he could fulfil the "Jesus of Nazareth" bit) and then going to Egypt so that the messiah could "come out of Egypt".

The gospels were all written well after Jesus' death. What would be more natural for the writers to, in all faith, include things from the prophecies that they couldn't be sure of simply because they must have happened that way?

Secondly, the bible's unity? Sorry, that kills me laughing! Profound unity!! Kill homosexuals, adulterers, murderers, gatherers of firewood ..... and none of THAT is taken out of context.

Thirdly, many other religious, and non-religious, books have the same impact on individual lives. Fortunately it hasn't had quite the impact that author claims on our legal and economic systems, as I can still manage to gather firewood on the sabbath without being stoned (at least, not being stoned in the rocks thrown at me category).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.