ALT 0.00% 0.1¢ analytica limited

Christmas present pricing, page-2

1. 1,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ALT philosophy seems to be get it established in OZ/NZ and generate product credibility before venturing into the US then China marketplaces. They are targeting bladder control issues (generally post-childbirth due to pelvic floor muscle trauma); depression, sexual dysfunction are secondary issues that follow. But they are using cost-effective social media (that women of child-bearing age interact with) to get their message out. Stuff like mamamia. (http://www.mamamia.com.au/) Pick up interest around the fringes and then more mainstream (paid or unpaid) morning TV etc.and sales will get moving.
    This is only a product for one gender of one specific age group. Delicate, sensitive issue. The last thing a woman experiencing this embarrassment (and toying with the idea of forking out $298 to give it a try) is thinking about the option to have a vibration facility attached. Only  one gender would throw this in the mix. Similarly I  don't think it has a Xmas gift ring to it. What message would you be sending to the recipient?
    All the glossies feature the target group, 25-40 yr old females. Written in femme-talk, by females. I am sure management will have females driving the marketing and getting the pitch and sensitivity gender-correct. Lose the sensitivity and female respect (and even this male knows childbirth is a complex multi-layered life-changing experience) and you can kiss the Oz/NZ market goodbye. Irrespective of how successfully it performs. And then the bigger second-phase o/s marketplaces won't get a look in.   
    This delicate product needs a sensitive and tailored marketing approach to get those Australian runs on the board before taking on global markets. Lots of hurdles to overcome in the marketing presentation and the mindset of the purchaser before the $298 transaction button is pressed. This is pretty new territory, this still may prove to be a very difficult product to sell. And it's not like toothpaste - only half the population will fully understand what it's all about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.