chromite deposits not viable, page-7

1. 2,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    Danube- thanks for you post and information. I do not pretend to have any expertise in Chromium at all, but I have built uop a substantial knowledge of nickel over the years.

While Im not afraid to do research, I do not want to fall into the same trap that many posters here have- a little knowledge is dangerous. Ill explain further-

When nickel prices went above $40000USD/tonne some of RMLs nickel options were quite viable- direct shipping and possibly the construction of a blast furnace. The profits would have been modest because of the joint partnership arrangement but at least the company didnt have to put cash up front.

Now that nickel prices have dropped these options are not viable. Some direct shipping of ore at heavily discounted prices may occur; the partner has to recover substantial costs (temporary loading facilities, mining, transport of ore to wharf). Unlikely to be any profit in it for RML- but the gamble COULD have payed off, and there is a slight possibility that high prices may return for a short while.

But many shareholders assume that just because RML have a nickel deposit it is automatically a huge moneymaker. This is the trap I want to avoid by having half baked knowledge on Chromium.

Nonetheless the foray into Nickel has provided opportunties for a quick profit for those who understand the nickel market. But unless there are some significant changes to the present outlook the present SP wont be sustained. If direct shipments start many will believe they are automatically a huge money raiser for RML, and the SP may rise- temporarily, but no doubt on its ultimate destination.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.