CKK 15.8% 1.6¢ coretrack limited

chronic drill rig shortage in wa, page-3

1. 23,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    Bent

management have tendered for contracts. Until they come back we must simply wait.
    With one rig we cannot tender for contracts that may overlap each other so a bit of planning required as well as acceptance by the client, who no doubt has his own timing agendas.
    I think we will see a GT5000 next year and hopefully another few rigs shortly after. My question is whether they may simply run gt5000's and leave the gt3000 or whether the mobility advantage of the gt3000 is such that they will manufacture a number of each?It would make sense to me to have a stable of both rigs to cater for the deeper geothermal and oil and gas drills whilst having the flexibility of the smaller gt3000 to accomodate shallower faster drills such as mineral/water holes.
    One issue I can see in the future is staffing these rigs so it would be feasable to have a mix of staffed rigs and also rigs that can be contracted out to the likes of AWT and let them staff it. Just my thoughts and I have no idea whether that is a company consideration.
    Whilst we must be a commercial operation and generate revenue asap I sincerely hope that the company is giving consideration to some of the bigger issues that this technology can provide assistance to. I refer specifically to geothermal drilling which can power desal plants which then take away their reliance of diesal, making them much more cost effective. As water supply is probably the most challenging problem the world will face over the next 100 years it would not take much to really launch this company. I wonder if Matt and Colin Barnett are on speaking terms?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.