Church Rorts now, page-35

1. 86,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "We need small community styled co-ops where aged pensioners can volunteer
    under supervision to look after those in care and at the same time accrue
    credits for their own confinement later."

hmmmm - got a few issues with that part mick

first - I certainly don't like the word confinement - sounds like they're off to the Stalag - but, it's only one word

I'm very against the concept of time accrued credit counting towards anything at all in this area

it's like we have to earn the right to be looked after when we're frail

what does that say about humans in this society --??

I'd far more like to see a developed society consider it a basic human right to be well cared for when we get beyond the age where we cannot care for ourselves.

I don't remember getting asked if I wished to be born - that came with no choice that I'm aware of and I sure as hell haven't been asked if I wish to get old and frail - but, that does appear from what I see around me - to be the fate of all of us should we be unlucky enough not to pass away unexpectedly from a massive orgasm.

As to the financing of aged care, health care -------- many things in society -

I honestly think that we look at it all arse about face --

we look upon these things as a 'cost' -------- this includes not only age care - but, health, pensions, all social security

I really fail to see why we don't seriously attempt to look at it as an investment -

a seeding - a large seeding and fertilising of the nation to grow economy

if you have 10 people in an aged care home with a wages bill of $5000 a week - that's $5000 a week that can and will be spent back into the economy

and, aged care wages are notoriously low.

If you double the staff numbers and double the wages ------- you get 4 times the 'cost' ------

but, if you look at it as an investment - you get 4 times the spending power in your economy

you get FAR more than 4 times the tax - and you get a huge jump in discretional spending - because aged care workers on the wages we pay them sure as hell can't spend much on anything bar necessities.

why business and government fail to see this - I've no idea -

I think the evidence is even clear through this covid thing ----- where we find spending was pretty good with 'stimulus' -----------

why? -------- well gosh -------------- look at the definition of the word 'stimulus' is a pretty good heads up

now - the stimulus has stopped - and, already on HC - we've got on thread started where the poster said that the shopping centre was in dodo land

accurate???????? maybe, maybe not ------------ but, if you withdraw the go juice ------- stimulus - then, - that makes perfect sense

what we miss - is to 'measure' what that stimulus actually does for us

we know that the very minute that stimulus hits the ground - the government gets some of it back -------------- the very instant --

gst ------------ and, the spending goes on to salaries - income tax, company tax - etc etc.

IMO - it's a huge economic fail because we treat 'cost' -------- as cost -

IMO ---------- it isn't

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.