I'm glad everyone fully understands the finances of St Basils...

1. 27,328 Posts.
    I'm glad everyone fully understands the finances of St Basils Fawkner aged care and is enraged by that intimate knowledge shared in the article and background briefing!

You should all know how much of the $71 million mentioned in the article from gov funding went to the Fawkner aged care facility and how much went to the other 14 facilities ... and if that funding was specifically for the purpose of paying a calculated accommodation assistance for residents.

You should know the accommodation charge agreements residents sign on to when they enter the Fawkner facility and if this has not been reflected in the amount the church has recieved.

I assume the ABC have cross checked all these details and if they have I wonder why they could not make the information clearer for the reader. Instead they have IMO relied on the disgusting indulgences of the Johnny come lately high priest and the unfortunate Vic covid failure in order to stir emotions and build support for their claim of ill gotten money.

Sure there are legitimate questions raised by the ABC here but too bad if they have got any of the story wrong and made any of their assertions in a misleading defaming kind of fashion eh?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.