CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

ZzedzzI am not at all convinced by your attempts to simplify the...

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Zzedzz

I am not at all convinced by your attempts to simplify the issue in regard to Nominee accounts.

It is pretty obvious to me that that the Nominee accounts generally reflect the activities of the BIG END of town.

The talk about settlement credit and 'T plus 3' to my mind is a 'red herring'. In any case the smaller retail holders are shown quite separately in the broker listings, and that applies to all of the brokers who have retail and corporate clients (utilizing broker Nominee accounts) as well.

Lets consider the algobot trading platforms for a second as that helps to clarify the issue. Sophisticated investors are more than happy to stump up the money to gain access to the programmed trading referred to as algobot trading. And lets not forget that trading in Cudeco has been strangled by algobot trades for quite some considerable time.

UBS are actually quite prolific with the number of trades they conduct. Even though their trades are only 12.8% of the leading broker by total value (which is Commonwealth Securities btw) they are right up with the leaders in terms of total trades conducted for the year. In fact they are well clear in third place. An amazing effort!

As of September 8th the rankings in terms of the number of transactions conducted so far this year were:

Deutsche Bank: => 53,241 transactions
    Commonwealth: => 47,107 transactions
    UBS: => 38,213 transactions
    Morgan Stanley: => 24,993 transactions
    Citigroup: => 23,506 transactions
    Macquarie Insto: => 22,451 transactions

I think that the prolific number of trades handled by UBS with its small retail base, tells us exactly what sort of clients reside in the likes of UBS Nominees, Warbont Nominees and Brispot Nominees.

They are obviously the sort of clients who have a use for algobot trading and the privileges that only high net worth can bring. Let's call them wholesale or sophisticated clients because that is what I believe they are for the most part.

Now Zedster, you didn't appear to have a response for the involvement of Brispot with the strategic move on Myer as per the article posted previously.

You might find the following easier to comment on.

The sort of activity that sophisticated clients get up to within the various Nominee holdings is also evident in the substantial share holder notice by UBS with its corporate targeting of Southern Cross Media Group Ltd as per the following link.

LINK
    http://member.afraccess.com/media?id=CMN://2A604293&filename=20100901/SXL_01094089.pdf

CLICK HERE: UBS Corporate Activity 1

The interesting bit is the section include below:

The above info is interesting because it demonstrates that the sort of corporate interests embedded into the nominee accounts, usually have very strategic reasons for their involvement and they don't waste their time messing around with dud stocks.

Now whether UBS is meddling in Cudeco itself using its subsidaiary nominee companies, to make a few trading dollars, or to target the stock corporately with ulterior motives in mind, or whether it is helping out a wider group, remains to be seen. It is however there for a reason.

Judging by their trading activity and their slight net accumulation at a time when the stock was down for the count, whatever reason they are trading in size, I suspect that a so called 'low ball' jorc is the least of their concerns. Another 'red herring' even?

Cheers
    Nev

[email protected]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.