OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

CIL results heads v tails

1. 1,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583
        It is taking longer than I expected to get the CIL results, they must be getting close. We have had a few punts on what the grade from the "heads" fresh material will be, I am sticking with 15 g/t, that would be a great result for the diluted material coming up from the mine IMO. The tails are a very different story. The results from 31/01/18 ranged from 4.75 up to 11.9 g/t, they where from test pits so not the same sampling method for the CIL testing, that was taken with a trench sample. They reported an average grade of 9.27 g/t, that is the grade we have been working on, but not likely to be the average over the 40k tons. Going from memory, when the wheels fell of, MP told me they expected the diluted head grade to be around the 8 g/t, and ended up recovering around 2 g/t, leaving 6 g/t behind. There was all sorts of number being thrown around at the time, 70 to 80 percent recovery, recovering 2 g/t, working backwards would have been a feed grade of around 3 g/t putting 1 g/t in the tails. There will be hot spots and cold spots over the tails dumps for sure, the trench will give us a better idea of what to expect but still could well over or under the end result. So if I take the what I consider to be the worst case, 1 g/t and the best case, 9 g/t the average would be 5 g/t, a perfectly respectable grade, better then most operating mines. That would give us 6 or 7 thousand oz sitting in the tails, could much more, could be much less for sure. When we get the results from the CIL on the tails it will tell us much more than the grade alone, and we need to temper our expectations, be them good or bad expectations, with the fact it is still only a small area of the tails and could be in no way representative of what the tails hold. However, as it was taken from a trench, so it would be more representative than any results we have to date, so still an important number,,, I hope it's not a doughnut....  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.