UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

I've been lurking around but not posting much. ;)I think if you...

1. uio
    293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I've been lurking around but not posting much. ;)

I think if you see a quality company with light bid depth, (in a weak market/sentiment environment) and you hold around 2-4% of stock, it could be tempting to sell some of that in order to trigger a cascade of selling with which you could then use to accumulate. Not saying that it did happen in this case but I'm fairly suspicious about how Citi/whoever is behind them has accumulated 8% on such light depth without some sort of earlier disclosure?

I'm sure all will be revealed in time - no point speculating at this stage. One thing I do know is that no low ball offer is going to get to compulsory acquisition threshold with the core group of shareholders so I am not entirely worried about a takeover situation.

I'm not anticipating the next drill results much from existing areas - more interested in Jumbo/Yandi headwaters.. Reason - they've been nothing short of spectacular thus far and I think has derisked the Railway deposit enough that it is almost certainly economic and therefore any further drill results will be more procedural with the view to defining a reserve for the mining plan... Still important stuff but not as exciting as a discovery hole lol ;)

We shall soon see who has been buying or selling. Perhaps an overseas fund has been forced to unwind their positions for liquidity reasons Ospraie style??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.