CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

city of sydney trigen master plan w fuel cells, page-2

1. 1,095 Posts.
    SynQuasi excellent pickup, I find the really compelling part the cost analysis for A/C unit peak load:
    "Electric Air Conditioning and Peak Power

A key part of the reason for surging electricity prices is the need to build electricity assets for peak power demand, primarily due to electric air conditioning on hot days with the highest demand typically only occurring four days of the year. An estimated $11 billion of network assets is built to meet demand for just 100 hours a year and as much as 25 per cent of electricity costs result from peak demand, primarily electric air-conditioning, that occurs over a period of less than 40 hours a year.

A 2kW reverse-cycle air conditioner costs $1,500 a year to operate and yet imposes costs on the electricity network of $7,000 since it adds to peak demand. These network costs are not paid by the consumer operating the air conditioner, but by all NSW electricity consumers whether or not they own air-conditioners.

These network costs are significantly amplified by the city centre. The Trigeneration Master Plan will displace 542MW of electricity peak demand, primarily electric air-conditioning, which all NSW electricity consumers are currently paying for. This is equivalent to taking 271,000 – 2 kilowatt (kW) reverse-cycle air conditioners off peak electricity demand."

also
    "Grid transmission and distribution losses in NSW amount to 8.3 per cent reducing the efficiency of NSW grid electricity delivered to consumers to 31 per cent. The city’s grid efficiency is likely to be worse than this since its very large electrical load is at the end of the network and has very high peak loads due to the very large electric air conditioning load."

No wonder Origin is keen to offset these nonrecoverable costs.($7000-$1,500) =>$5,500 per 2KW AC unit. It is also a pointer to longer term trends. I would like to see an estimate of combined savings for Bluegen being co-located with A/C Units. (My Guess [A/C]$5,500 + [Grid Loss]30%* $5,500 => $7,500 per year) at this if my guess is anywhere close a 2 A/C house is cost neutral to the Grid with Bluegen in 2 years SAY $30,000 through peak load cost saving.

VERY BIG FOR CFU IMHO
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.