CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

cityview forms joint venture..., page-148

1. =V=
    2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    Hi Mike_au,

I am not sure what is going on here but you have made only 2 posts in 2 days and both lead back to a thread I started.

You wrote in "looking back" :

Here is an interesting thread to read, just shows how easy it is to get burnt with spec stocks when you get caught up in the hype !!

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=605293&msgno=2469752#2469752

Yes, true, I still have my fingers in bandages, but in that thread did you notice who else was holding CVI at the time. Inter alios, trade4profit, Raks and Tibbs, the three of whom are currently first, third and fourth in ranking on HC's favourite sons and daughters. Oh, and the second slot is no other than macrea12 who clarkkent points out in his post above was also a holder in the month prior and has been in and out since.

So 4 out of 4 of HC's top favourites were/are holders of CVI around the time. So from your perspective, what do we now make of HC's favourites list?

But to clarify my position. At the time for me, CVI was all about oil ... oil in Cameroon and in Angola. All this backed up by ASX releases and covered well by Mark Smyth in his relentless BRR's. In fact, just 4 days prior to that post of mine you link to, CVI had just acquired a US$100M line of credit to pursue its interest in Angola's Kwanza Basin.

So what happened? Nothing.

Why? Well this is my list, incomplete and my opinion only.

African Politics
    African Time
    Corruption
    Nepotism
    Naivity.
    Hype ( just for you)
    Markets in general

Will it go anywhere? Well I currently hold, so I hope so. But I must say the lever has got a lot longer and it will take a very fat man to jump on the short end to catapult this one over the wall and into the land of milk and honey.

Cheers.

PS. For the record, I do not view your posts as flaming ... as others have mentioned. As a mod you would know better. ;o)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.